Saturday 19 November 2011

Art Every Day Month
Day 19


Wishful Thinking



I went to Winchester today to start my Christmas shopping. Winchester is a beautiful town and where I studied for my Fine Art Degree. It's quaint old streets must of got into my bones today - because this image suddenly popped into my head. The cobbled streets, the old fashioned shops and the connection with my partners family who used to live there and had dogs. I think I must have been stirring up all those memories in my melting pot mind and by the evening out popped this little creation. For me, visual pictures help me remember and retain events and feelings. Somehow they link up a whole host of visual memories, not just what you can see in the picture, and prevent them from fading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment